Monday, August 16, 2010

Manic Monday

Hello, I'm back! I guess I haven't posted in a while, but that is probably because I didn't have much to share?? Not a lot is new... :)

This past weekend was busy with a music festival on Saturday night and a Richard Marx concert last night. The concert last night was to benefit Cystic Fibrosis, which is a lung disease that effects 30,000 children and young adults in the U.S. I learned last night that people are now living with the disease up to their 30's (age) where it used to be people passing away in their early 20's. So, progress has been made and hopefully in the upcoming years much more progress will be made until the disease is non existent. :) Unfortunately, my friend Leslie's son died at the age of 23 in 1998 from the disease.

The festival Saturday night was in College Corner and both Terrapin Moon and Skeleton Crew played late in the evening. It was a late night, but definitely a good time. :) This festival was a little different as there were a handful of people (both male and female) expressing their "right" to bare themselves to the world or at least to everybody at the festival. I guess if people are comfortable enough with themselves and their figures to let it hang out, good for them....I otoh am not that comfortable with myself and wouldn't even entertain (poor choice of words) the idea. :) There is a festival in Bellefontaine this Friday and one in Troy August 28 and that will be the end of the summer festivals I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment