Sunday, March 11, 2012

Hello

I watched the Anderson Cooper episode about Chloe, the woman who wanted to be paralyzed, last week and it was interesting to say the least. :) In the beginning I told myself I needed to be open minded and try not to judge her too badly from the get go. :)

I think the fact she came on the show and talked about her disorder says a lot! Her disorder is called body integrity identity disorder (BIID for short). I also feel she was being honest and sincere and truly does have this "burden" that makes her feel like she is in the wrong body and she should be a paraplegic. She admitted she wanted to find a doctor who would sever her spine and cause paralysis, but hasn't found one that would. (No surprise there!) She also said she water skis and purposely does activities that could potentially cause a spinal cord injury. Here is a link to describe the biid. http://www.biid.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment