Saturday, May 26, 2018

Lack of aides, a good read

Hello friends,

I thought I'd switch gears and talk about my nursing assistant situation. I have three nursing assistants who have been with me for a number of years. I have another nursing assistant, who came back after a two year hiatus from Home Health Care. I am forever grateful to all them, as well as my nurse. They are all wonderful and I try to let them know as often as possible how much I appreciate everything they do.

My situation is this. I am in need of a couple more nursing assistants to cover my weekend shifts. This has been an ongoing dilemma and it's frustrating. My boyfriend is the "fill in" by default and he really needs time off. He is a nurse throughout the week and likes to utilize the weekends for stuff he needs to do around the house. Hopefully this situation will reverse itself and I can find a weekend warrior. :) I have considered posting on craigslist or care.com, but not sure how "safe" it is.

On another note. I recently finished a great book by Vivica Sten, called Still Waters. It is the first story in a series of five, called Sandhamn Murders. The story was based on a popular vacation spot in Sweden, called Sandhamn. It begins with the investigation of one murder, then another, and another, and yet another. I highly recommend this book. I will purchase the second story and post my opinion at a later time. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment