Tuesday, March 30, 2010

More about myself

Those who know me know what a huge animal lover I am. As I have already mentioned I have two dogs, but if I had the room, the money and the means I would have many more! Its not just dogs I go ga ga over, its any animal. That is one of the many things I miss now that I'm a quadriplegic. I miss holding and petting the wonderful furry friends in my life!
Because of my passion for animals, when I hear stories of animal abuse, I really take it to heart. I cannot understand why or how any human being in there right mind would intentionally hurt an animal. Animals are so innocent.
The latest story of animal abuse that has me consumed and obsessing over is the brutal beating and killing of the 3 month old baby alpaca here in Ohio, named Masterpiece. Three people (I'm sorry, I mean sick monsters) are being charged. Two teen boys who are 17 and a 22 year old who is mother of a 2 yr old and a wife who's husband is in the military and deployed. (Newspaper stated) Hmmmmm....her husband is serving our country while she is taking part in killing an innocent baby alpaca with two 17 yr olds boys and god only knows where her child was while she was doing this!!
I heard the boys are being kept locked up behind bars because of death threats. I have no sympathy. They also could be charged as adults, which is what I hope happens. Today they went to court and were ordered to get psych evaluations and will go back to court again May 7. I'm so not happy about that!
My bf and I really don't see eye to eye on this at all. He thinks I'm too involved (ok, obsessed) emotionally and need to let it go. He says the legal system will deal with it in a just way and the media should step aside. I feel the opposite. I think the more people who express there anger and anguish over these assholes disgusting actions, the better!
Okay, on that note please go to the website link on my blog and vote for house bill 55. HB55 is to stiffen up animal cruelty laws in Ohio. Right now animal cruelty in Ohio (for house pets) is a misdemeanor. If you go to the link called Masterpiece, the baby alpaca, you can vote for house bill 55 there and read the devastating story about Masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment