Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Gas chamber

While performing one of my many daily facebook searches Sunday, I saw that Fort Jackson had an update on the D Company facebook page!! This update included 143 pictures of the soldiers in basic training completing the monstrosity of an obstacle course and the painful looking gas chamber!! Yowzers! I was able to see Tia in action after she left the gas chamber and as she was going through the course. She was on her back, in her fatigues and boots crawling under a rope. So great to see her! :)

Her boyfriend got a letter from her a few days. He said Tia was having a rough time adjusting as she wasn't making friends with any of the girls in her platoon and that she had even gotten an attitude from a couple of them. She said she was depressed and felt all alone! :( I can only hope that she is doing better by now and making friends. Tia is such a sweet girl I can't believe she is not making friends. I try and send a letter every day! She says the letters get her through the tough times!

No comments:

Post a Comment