Friday, July 15, 2011

I wish I understood...

I wish I had the ability to open up people's heads, take out their brain, unravel it and study the reasons why they do the things they do! If I had this remarkable ability my first brain observation would be my brand spanking new nursing assistant, who shall remain nameless!

She is cute, sweet, 30 years old, has two children and a shitload of ailments! Today she was suppose to be here at 4:00, calls me at 1:00 and says, "Cindy I'm not calling off, but (When she says but, it totally meant I'm calling off)I just got off work, I got 45 minutes sleep, I haven't eaten, I have an ulcer and I think the acids in my stomach are making me not want to eat. My head is foggy, too." In my head I am thinking how long is this diarhea of excuses going to continue, but that would be mean! So, I said, "Why don't you lay down for awhile, see how you feel and call me when you wake up" My gut told me this isn't really what she wanted to hear.

Anyway...I hadn't heard from her (no surprise) by 4:30, so I called her. Her Mom answers. Mom tells me, "yea, I was just going to call you. How ironic you called! "Name" isn't doing well. We have her in E.R right now, etc etc etc" I said, "Okay, well she is suppose to work this weekend and I need to know if I need a replacement" She interrupts "Oh no, she will not miss, she will get medicine for her stomach, go home, we go through this a lot" I reiterated the importance of me hearing from her tonight regardless and she again interrupts me and assures me I will be called.


This whole thing smells bad and leaves a sour taste in my mouth! My bf thinks I'm wrong and need to give people the benefit of the doubt like I'm a mean person. This is the second incident with her and the first time she missed a 10 hour shift and didn't call in or anything! I'm not mean, I'm stupid for giving her another opportunity to pull this stunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment