Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Shallow

I know the ending of my vanity post was shallow and I need to elaborate. The tanning bed and the sun worshipping that I should not continue to do is not the reason I wished I didn't get the areas removed and biopsied...sometimes it just seems like the less we know the better. Many people, my father for one, do not see doctors because they don't want to know if something is wrong or are afraid of finding out something is wrong. I see that as being somewhat rational and I completely share that mind set. Maybe that is why I think its rational? :) When my dad did finally start to see a physician regularly and did his yearly exams, there was always something found that caused concern, looked abnormal, needed more testing, needed biopsied and whatever else. The scare that is instilled in a person every time they see a doctor is enough to say "I'm finished with doctors"

Luckily I haven't reached that point. Now that a couple days have passed I am ready to take the bull by the horns and get this shit over with. This week I will have the surgery and be optimistic everything will be fine. I'm dreading it, but doesn't everybody? :)

I will post after I'm home. Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment