Saturday, May 1, 2010

I'm home

Surgery was Thursday and I'm glad its over. :) Dr. Percy wouldn't let me go home afterwards because I was running a fever, so I stayed over one night. That definitely wasn't my preference, but it wasn't too dreadful, as the nurses and aides were very nice and accomodating.

Before surgery the anesthesiologist had a terrible time starting an I.V because my veins are so hard to find. I have never been an easy stick for blood draws and IVs, so it wasn't a huge surprise. He stuck me in both my arms, hands, ankles, my jugular and finally struck gold in my groin. (I know that didn't sound right, but I'm too lazy to change it). Maybe next time I should suggest starting in the groin? I take that back.. there won't be a next time!!

Dr. Percy removed skin and tissue from the two areas that had melanoma (my temple region and right cheek) and then took skin from behind both my ears and grafted that skin where he removed the melanoma. Hopefully when the bandages are off and the stitches are out I will be happy with the results despite the scarring it will leave on my face and neck. I'm not one to have liquid foundation put on me, but that could possibly change very soon!!

I think the worst thing right now is the copious amount of guaze around my head! It looks like I'm wearing a football helmet. The guaze got caught on my chin control yesterday, which sent me flying in to my desk, knocking over speakers, upsetting Nugget's tank, and knocking the desk in to the wall. Nugget wasn't none to happy....his fins were flared as he was flipping around the tank through all the bubbles, gravel and debris that was shuffled caused by the excessive and unnecessary amount of guaze I'm lugging around on my head. I have not gotten my hair shampooed since early Thursday morning and I'm going bonkers! I'm sure the oil from my hair will be seeping through the guaze soon if it hasn't all ready! My head feels disgusting!

Anyway...I'm going to take a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment