Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Chicago was great

My trip to Chicago is over and I had a great time! We attended the abilities expo most of the day on Friday and Saturday, but spent time afterward exploring Chicago. One evening we went to Rain Forest Cafe, which was so cool. We were seated right next to the aquarium. It was hard not to be mesmerized by the hundreds of colorful fish in the crystal clear water. It was beautiful. The food was great, too. :) The next evening we drove to Navy Pier. It was neat watching the boats go by, seeing the boats docked at the pier, seeing the ferris wheel lit up at night, listening to the spanish band...so different than what we see in Ohio! :) On Sunday we took a tour of Willis Tower and went to the Sky Deck. Good time and had fun looking down, but I could have done without the 60 second elevator rides to the top of the tower and then down again when we were finished....:) Saturday night My nurse and I found ourselves in a huge mall by accident when it started pouring down rain and we went in to Nordstrom's to seek shelter. While pretending to shop we noticed Nordstroms was just one store of many! Unfortunately, they were stores that were way out of our price range, not like Old Navy, Aeropostale or Kohl's. :( While walking to Willis Tower we came across many streets that were blocked because Transformers 3 was being filmed. We saw the bumble bee car (correct?) and another transformer car that is in the movie, which I knew nothing about. My nurse filled my head with the transformer movie stuff because she has taken her daughter to see the movies. :)
Anyway...my trip to Chicago was a great experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment