Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Belated Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all the dad's out there and especially to my dad whom I miss very much! We were very fortunate because we spent many Father's Days together and I'm grateful for each and every one we shared together. :) RIP dad!

My car accident fell on Father's Day in 1992. The date was June 21st, which is todays date. I have been a quadriplegic for 18 years and I can't believe how fast 18 years goes by. Its scary!! The date of my accident used to bother me a bit, but not anymore. Its just another day, but one I give a little more thought to...first day of summer, longest day of year, the date of my accident. :) Last year I composed a letter to the man who was driving the van that collided with my truck. For some reason I wanted him to know how well I was doing and how much I loved my life and how I wasn't angry with him. When I put it in the mail I knew there was no turning back and I felt nervous because I had no idea how he would feel getting a letter from me.

A couple weeks later he wrote me back the kindest letter and said he was glad to hear from me. :) He said his biggest regret after the accident was following his lawyers advice and not sending me a card or getting in touch with my family to check on my progress. Anyway.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment