Friday, June 25, 2010

Its Friday

My trip to Chicago is quickly approaching, but things aren't going quite as planned. When I called to reserve amtrak tickets for Stephanie and I, they didn't have a seat available for an attendant, just one space for a wheelchair. So, because I have no intentions of going solo, the amtrak trip will have to wait and we will catch a ride with Steve to Chicago instead of meeting him there. :)

Today I went to a disability and healthy relationships meeting. The speaker, who has a disability herself, was a hoot to listen to. I think the talk of sex and intimacy in a room full of people is rather uncomfortable, but she was so funny to listen to that she made it easier for some people to participate in the conversation. She also talked about caregivers, abuse, disability myths, etc. Anyway, it was interesting.

On Wednesday (June 30) I start the 5 day orientation for the support position I applied for. We take two tests during the orientation and if I pass both tests I will move on to do the background check and drug test....keep your fingers crossed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment