Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Myspace

I have been going through some staffing changes here; therefore, I am in the midst of adding some nursing assistants to my case. Well, when I advertise through the odjfs website that I'm looking for nursing assistants my case manager automatically forwards the e-mail responses she receives. When I receive them, I then google their names to get the "inside scoop" on them through facebook, myspace or whatever social network site they might have a profile.

Well, I got a response from a nursing assistant today, who had a myspace page. I am amazed that people who are actively looking for employment are dumb enough to have a myspace page filled with trash talk and vulgarness. I immediately knew I didn't want this woman working for me! She had a terrible attitude! She told her life story, talked about the mistakes she has made in her life and how it's nobody's business, talked about how her bad attitude intimidates people, talked about her 3 beautiful children, the 3 beautiful baby's daddy who slept with the cousin's wife, she dropped F bombs every other sentence and then followed all that up with feeling blessed by God!!! OMG!

On the bright side, the girl that started today did a great job and picked up another day! Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment