Friday, November 5, 2010

Its been so long

I have not updated my blog for quite some time, have I? If anybody is still following my day to day updates which have turned in to a once a month update, thank you. If you aren't, well that is my own fault and shame on me....

Well, since my last update not a lot has happened. I did find myself getting attached to a adorable stray cat that found his way to my house. He was a sweet and dosile fur baby that was also very neglected by his owners and very ill!! I didn't realize how ill he was until the day after he found me. Long story short- After two vet appointments, an antibiotic shot for an ulcerated mouth sore, a steroid shot, $204.00 in vet bills nd my broken heart I made the decision to have him put to sleep because my vet said he looked to have feline leukemia. I was so sad for this precious kitty because he didn't have a fair life. I had him creaated and they spread his ashes in a prairie like area where other animals were creamated. Hopefully his after life (if there is one) will be filled with love and nurture instead of the former life he had, which was neglect and abuse!

I will be going back to work with the IRS in December. As you may know, this is the seasonal position I have worked since 2008. I really enjoy working here, but after the 2010 tax season I'll be seeking a position elsewhere that is permanent. I not only need it for monetary reasons, but its equally important for the mental stimulation and self worth I get from being employed year round. Besides, I can't continue to rescue sick animals if I'm only working 4 months out of the year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment