Friday, December 3, 2010

Geneology

The last couple days I have been experimenting with ancestry.com by building my family tree. I'm having fun I might add! :)

After I typed in my name and information, my parents information, the names of both my maternal and paternal grandparents and my great grandmother's name I was stuck! I couldn't proceed on my own because I didn't know the birth dates or dates of death of my great grandparents nor did I know anything beyond what I had already added to my tree.

The wonderful thing I learned is ancestry.com uses the information I have put in about my family members and offers hints that may help me with the other family members that I don't have enough information about to move forward with my tree. There is a membership cost of $159 a year to look in to those handy hints, which I have not utilized, but seriously considering it! We will see. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment