Sunday, June 26, 2011

Tia left today...

Tia left today and I can't seem to pull myself together. As I type this I'm crying so hard and don't see an end to this feeling I have consuming me! I feel this big hole inside my heart! I imagine my little niece leaving her home and entering a big world where she isn't familiar with the surroundings or the people and I worry about who is protecting her. I know I'm a "Debbie downer" and not looking at the upside of this at all... it's hard though when somebody I love so much is away and I want her home again! :( I'm trying to support my sister and tell her "This is a great move for Tia" or "Sherry, she will be okay, she is a big girl"... I can't help her if I can't even keep myself together.

Now that my sweetie of a niece is in the army I have been on ebay searching for every sort of memorobilia that says Aunt and army in the same sentence! I found a vinyl car decal that says "Proud Army Aunt" that I'm going to bid on before it ends. :) I also joined or "liked" two army facebook pages one being the place she is stationed at for bootcamp. (Fort Jackson). I can read up on posts from family members who talk about their soldiers and even post my own. :) It fills the void...

Hopefully my next post will be more cheery! Have a good evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment