Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tia

Saturday was my niece's going away party and it turned out to be a big success! She leaves Sunday to go to Fort Jackson in South Carolina for basic training, where she will be for 10 weeks. She won't go directly to South Carolina, she will be in Columbus first for a night and be on her way Monday. Regardless my niece is leaving and I didn't think it would effect me like it is. I feel nervous and nautious when I think about her leaving. She is excited and seeing how happy she is gets me through my wimpy sad moments. :)

Steve and I bought her a sterling silver charm bracelet with a silver heart as her going away gift. I'm taking it to the mall this week to get her name engraved in the heart and buying another charm with the army logo engraved in it. Each holiday we will buy another charm to add to it until the links are all filled up. Her bracelet will be like a book and each charm will be like a chapter in her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment