Sunday, June 12, 2011

Yellow Springs Street Fair

Yesterday my friend and I braved the heat and found our way through the tye dye wearing crowd by going to the Yellow Springs Street Fair! :) I always enjoy going to Yellow Springs because the people are great! They are a friendly, unique, expressive and radical species all balled up in one! :) I have met a few hipsters since the boyfriend joined a grateful dead tribute band and they are truly great people to be around! One offered me a white molly at a festival one time and stupid me said, "what is that?" He responds in his hippy slang, "Dude, It's the purest form of ecstacy you will ever find. It's $50 for one, but for you it's free" I said, "Oh god no, but thank you anyway" Anyway, I digress....street fair was uber fun and the funnel cake was great, too. :)

I saw two girls that I met while living in the nursing home, which was a very special treat. The first lady I ran in to was a nurse and the second girl was a nurse assistant who used to date my brother for a short while. :)

After the fair I went to my besties house for a cook out and a movie. Her hubster hooked me up with a kickin hamburger which was better than steak. Thank you Kevin. Kevin and I got on a rant about Casey Anthony, the tot mom from Florida. It made me feel warm and fuzzy inside knowing somebody was more obsessed than myself with seing this crazy loon go down!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment