Monday, August 22, 2011

Bird man in Troy

As you know, I'm a lover of animals and stories of animal abuse make me crazy mad!! On August 8 (or around there) the news aired a story about a man in Troy hoarding exotic birds and neglecting them. When I heard his name I realized it was the man who lives directly behind me. I couldn't believe something so horrible was happening so close to home. I wanted to roll out my back door and open the door to the "house" the birds were barely "existing" in and set them free!!! I was heart broken for those poor birds and somewhat for the man responsible! I know... you probably want to cuss me out or throw rotten eggs at me now! Let me explain.

I would like to think this man, Doug Radcliffe, loves these birds and the situation got out of control. I myself want every dog I have an encounter with, whether it needs a home or not! :) If I didn't have Steve telling me "NO more dogs Cindy" each time I said, "Steve, this dog needs a home, can we please... pretty please adopt it" I would have 30 dogs I couldn't afford! I also heard from my neighbor (next door, not Doug) that the media blew things out of context. The living conditions in the house were deplorable, but the neighbor said Doug converted the house to a barn like atmosphere for the birds when he moved in with his sister. Regardless, its evident the birds need a better home and after this is over I hope the birds are in a home where they are well taken care of and surrounded by love! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment