Saturday, August 20, 2011

I'm back!!

Wow! It's been a rough couple weeks!! I had a sore I needed to nurse back to health which required me to stay out of my wheelchair and stay in the bed! I have learned through experience that because I have a spinal cord injury, I can't ignore areas that get pink or red. Doing so kept me in bed for 3 months with a stage 4 decubitus ulcer in 1997. Anyway... I think (and hope) everything is back to normal! :)

I went camping this weekend, something I hadn't done since I was a campfire girl in fifth grade. :) We attended the Miami Valley Music Fest in Troy where a bunch of bands performed and raised money for charity. Terrapin Moon was one of the bands and they were scheduled for 11:00 Saturday night. The ironic part of this was the weather man said there was a 60% chance that a thunderstorm could come through Troy at 11:00, the exact same time they were scheduled to be on stage. We didn't think much of it because well, weathermen don't exactly have a good track record of being spot on with their forecasts, ya know?

Unfortunately at exactly 11:00 the wind picked up, it got cold, the dark rain clouds rolled in, opened up and poured tons of rain. It was scary to see the fires at the camps blowing sideways and see the embers blowing along with the tents and chairs. We survived though, the show went on and all in all a great time was had! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment