Saturday, December 17, 2011

Belly buttons and jury duty

Hello! Hope you are having a great weekend! :)

Anybody who knows me probably knows I have a phobia of belly buttons. Not in general, but in the sense I hate my belly button being touched. It's ultra sensitive and when its touched it sends me through the roof. It started after my accident and I have no idea why it makes me crazy! Anyway... today I was in bed and in the midst of me getting dressed, my aunt called. At this point I was partially dressed with a towel draped over me. While I talked on the phone my stna applied my lotion to save some time since we were in limbo. Well, Lady loves the taste of lotion. I usually always let her lick my arm or leg for awhile after I get lotion applied because well, I strive to make my baby girl happy.  :) Today, though she had a different agenda. She wasn't interested in my arm or leg....she went straight for the lotion on my belly button! Oh muh God... I was going through a plethora of emotions.. Panic, denial, anger...you name it. I didn't want to yell at her, but I was about to become unglued. She eventually stopped when her attention got diverted, but 11 hours later I'm still experiencing belly button discomfort! What the H? Anyway...

One day this week I was opening my mail and noticed an envelope from the County Sheriff Department. Hmmm why am I getting mail from them, I thought to myself. Well, it was a letter inviting me to jury duty in March. Hmmmm says me! I have always thought jury duty could be a cool thing to experience, but now I'm thinking not so much. I like court shows and trials on tv, but only if they are real. I'm all about Forensic Files, Snapped and especially Trutv, it's my weakness. I don't think though that I will be lucky enough to be chosen to sit in and deliberate on an elaborate case like the kind I see on tv. It will be something minor like traffic offenses or the like. BORING! :)

Chances are great that I will not be chosen to participate. My dad had to go and report for jury duty in the 90's and got sent away because they asked him if he had ever lost or had a faily member or loved one seriously injured in a vehicle accident. Since he had, well they probably figured he might harbor bad feelings towards the driver and this could cause him to be bias. (correct word?) Anyway...we shall see! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment