Sunday, December 4, 2011

Mice

Unfortunately when the cold weather comes, so do the furry little field mice who are trying to find some heat and get their bellies full. Over the past several weeks I've heard a scratching type noise near the kitchen cabinets and I know its mice, but I have no idea how many! Today it was pretty incessive so I rolled over to the refridgerator area where I thought I heard the chewing noise, but couldn't see anything. The closer I got the louder he was so I tried to be hush hush. I tried to whisper really loud for Steve, who was down the hall,  but the mice must have heard me. It was then that I heard a loud rustle and then the chewing stopped. A few moments later after Steve came in I saw a gray blurr go under the dishwasher! My heart stopped and it was then that I rolled out of the kitchen about as fast as the mouse went under the dishwasher!

I hate having mice! I hate finding gnaw marks in the bread bag! I hate seeing their little dookie droppings! I can't get myself to set mouse traps though. I don't want them, but I don't want to kill them, either. We have live traps we can use, its just figuring them out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment