Thursday, April 28, 2011

I have returned

We returned from Columbus today and I'm happy to report we had a great time!! The mornings and afternoons were spent in workshops and the evenings were spent with friends gathered at the lounge and bar.

We attended a workshop Wednesday on legislation which was mainly about Ohio Legal Aid and how they can assist persons with disabilities. They talked about helping persons who are denied an apartment because they have a disability and need modifications. They also have assisted people who have service dogs, but are denied access to an establishment because animals aren't allowed. They also have assisted people in getting out of nursing homes. It was an interesting workshop. On Thursday we attended a work shop on entepenuership. (sp!!!) This was led by somebody from bvr, which is an organization that helps persons with disabilities become employed and go to college. BVR is now starting a program where they now provide assistance to persons with disabilities on starting their own business.

On Wednesday night there was a dance and karoeke, which was fun to watch and listen. Many people went out and danced in their wheelchairs, but I have never had the nerve! Nor will I ever. :) We had a little too much to drink that night so getting up on Thursday was like nailing jello to the wall....painful!

I'm back now and happy to have my babies with me! :) Next week I have some appointments and blood work to tackle and after that I'm on the hunt for a job!!

No comments:

Post a Comment