Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday

Today I have been updating my resume by adding to it some of my achievements from past positions in hopes to land me another job. While doing so it made me remember the times my dad would toot my horn so loud because he was so proud of me and wasn't shy about letting others know.

After my dad's funeral services, we had a get together at the amvets in Vandalia where he was a member. When I rolled in, a man I didn't know said, "I have heard a lot about you. Your dad talked about you all the time. He said you were always on the top callers list for your job and how proud he is of you" This touched me deeply (and still does) because dad didn't stop at just me when he said "good job Cindy" he went on and told others. It warms my heart and reminds me of the spectacular relationship we shared and how fortunate I was to have had the closeness with my dad that I did! Unfortunately the relationship with my mom was at the opposite end of the spectrum and was not healed before she passed away.

No comments:

Post a Comment