Friday, May 27, 2011

Family is here!

Steve's parents arrived Wednesday night and will be here until Tuesday morning. They always help us tremendously when they are here and have all kinds of projects to do. I wish Steve would have inherited their energy. :) Today they helped Steve paint the kitchen and tomorrow they are painting the laundry room and family room. Our kitchen has had an apple theme since we moved in in 2003, but I decided to do away with all my apple decor and not have a theme. Instead I will keep the color neutral, get new curtains tomorrow and maybe get a shelf or corner cabinet to dress it up. :)

While I was outside today basking in the beautiful sun, my dogs wandered a few feet away and took turns rolling in something in the grass. Steve hollered at them to stop because 80% of the time they roll in something yucky, it results in the smell following them in the house. I decided to google the words Why do dogs roll in smelly things? This is what I learned. Dogs have instinctive roots that lead from the wolf. When a wolf (or dog) rolls in a dead animal carcass it's to show it's pack, look what I have found. They think of the carcass as its prize. Its also believed that they will roll in carcass or another animals feces to mask their own smell and enable them to sneak up on their prey without detection. Hmmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment