Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Help

I saw The Help this evening and well, it was a good movie! Long, but good. Living in the 1960's as an African American had to be tough. Nobody should have been treated the way the blacks were treated back then. I cannot imagine how they felt being segregated, being treated like a disease, not allowed to use the white person's toilet, not allowed to use the utensils the white people used, etc! Quite the eye opener this movie turned out to be!!

On that note... we are in 2011 and this is a terrible thing that happened in the past. I think that many times nowadays what happened in the past still haunts us today!! I won't ride that slippery slope today!

I'm not sure which movie we will see next. Whats Your Number? opens tonight and that looks like a fun one to see. I like Anna Faris...she was so funny in Scary Movie and The House Bunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment