Thursday, September 22, 2011

This morning started out unusually early when my phone rang at 6:30! It's never a sound I want to hear when I'm sound asleep! It usually means my nurse or nurse assistant is calling in late or not coming in at all.  The answering machine answered and I heard, "This is "Name". Cindy when you get this, call me back. I'll keep doing what I'm doing, but call me back if you get this message"
I chose not to call her back because #1. I cannot just call her back. Me calling her back entails me hollering across the hall, yelling over and over and over again trying to wake up Steve so he could wake up and dial the number. #2. I have told her not to call me and tell me to call her back because of reason #1 and finally #3, she didn't sound like she was calling off of work.
When she arrived late (8:15) for work she said she needed to leave early (at 10) because her daughter's car was broke down and she needed to take her to work. I asked, "Uh she cannot find her own ride to work" Her reply was, "I don't know who she would even ask! She cannot miss work and school though" I said, "So, you're telling me its more important for her to go to work than for you to stay at work?" She began to raise her voice and remind me she never misses work.

We exchanged words, but eventually kissed and made up. Not really, but you know what I mean right? :) She is a single mom of three kids, two being adults. (19 and 21) She does everything under the sun for all three and they show no appreciation. They expect her to pay their phone bill, their car payment and insurance. That is why I was so frustrated today! This person was more okay with missing work today, throwing my schedule off, throwing another nurse assistant's schedule way off, etc. just to make her bratty 19 year old  daughter happy!! Cut the cord, will ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment