Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Happy hump day!

Hello! It's Wednesday and I'm getting ready to run some errands. They're errands I shouldn't have to run and I'm a little salty! My brand new printer is flubbed up all ready and I have to see if I can get it repaired. The part of the printer that pulls the paper through to scan and fax is broke! The printer is big and bulky and not easy to haul around, so I feel bad for my nurse assistant who has to carry it for me. Maybe I will buy her dinner tonight for her troubles? Maybe she will leave her undies at home this week?? Hehe, just kidding!! I wish the printer would fit on my lap, but it doesn't, unfortunately. Anyway..

I had a visit from my friend this week! He was in the area for business and made the time to come and play catch up for awhile! He is the same friend who only visits when he is in Dayton....other than that I'm not worth the time and gas money. :) Totally kidding... I know he reads this and I'm giving him a rough way to go. :) I enjoy visiting with him no matter what the circumstances are and always appreciate him coming to see me.

I just read an article about Mayor Bloomberg, mayor of New York, and his remarks on making more handicapped accessible taxis in New York. Evidently he said that it would cost too much money because they are gas guzzlers and cost $15,000 more than traditional taxis, they would be uncomfortable to average riders because of suspension, they would not generate enough tips to the cabbies, and also that it's too difficult for persons in a wheelchair to hail a cab and they may get ignored.

Mayor Bloomberg is missing a sensitivity chip it seems and hopefully karma doesn't bite him in the ass! I don't wish wheelchair life on anybody, but it can certainly happen without it being wished upon...shame on you Mr. Mayor!

No comments:

Post a Comment