Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pumpkin carving

Today I enjoyed the day with my nieces and nephews decorating pumpkins, which was uber fun! This year I decided to jazz things up a bit, though!

In the past I would buy each of the kids a small pumpkin and get some paint so each could create their own little individual "masterpiece" with their own idea of what they wanted their pumpkin to look like.

This year I decided we are carving pumpkin faces instead of painting. When I was young I loved getting my hands inside the pumpkin head to pull out all the seeds and stringy innerds and feeling all the pumpkin goo in between my fingers. It was awesome! I assumed all kids were like me at that age! No??? I was so wrong! All I heard was, "We need gloves!! Ewwww this is sticky! This is smelly! This feels weird! Oh my gosh! After a couple minutes all four kids left the table to play and left the dirty work for my nurse assistant and my sister in law! Can you place an L on my forehead?

Afterwards we got the kids back to the table so they could finish their pumpkins and they had fun with the rest of it. We took pictures, iced cupcakes (tried to anyway) and passed out goody bags. It was a great day and I will post pictures tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment