Monday, May 20, 2013

Anniversary and another one bites the dust

Today marks the 11th year I have been out of the nursing home!!  I'd like to start this post off by saying how very fortunate I am to have such an awesome group of people working for me!! I appreciate them every day and cannot be where I am without them. Thank you!! On the opposite side of the spectrum, though, there are the select few that I wonder how they can call themselves caregivers. Why are they in the caregiving field? Do they understand caregiving ethics?

I have had two nursing assistants quit without notice, no call, nothing in the past three weeks!! Well, one quit in a facebook message and the other just didn't show up. Seriously, I'm not that bad!! I will just look on the bright side and know I will find good replacements and it's for the best! :) I could throw that karma word in here, but as you know from my previous post I'm not happy with karma! :)

Today my aunt and I spent the afternoon at our local Goodwill store. We are always trying to be thrifty! :) My aunt makes me laugh when we go thrifting and especially when we go somewhere where we can bargain with the sellers. She always tries to jew the sellers down and it mortifies me!! LOL! I always roll away right before we make our purchases. I attempt to get myself out of her shadow because god forbid I'm hanging out with a tight wad. :) Hehe! We had fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment