Saturday, May 25, 2013

Ancestry - bad ass -Saturday May 25

Hi, happy Saturday! :) I hope everybody is enjoying their weekend! Today Jean (Steve's Mom) and I went to Walmart, Meijers and Lowes. We were shopping for outdoor decorations for the deck in the back yard and flowers for the window planters in front of the house. It was a nice time together! :)

When I got home I started to feel uncomfortable in my wheelchair so I stood in my standing frame for a couple hours. I then went to bed and this is when I found a red area caused by me sitting too long. This means I will be in bed until the red area heals. :( I'm so frustrated because I hate being out of my chair and being in a position where I cannot be on the go!! I'm fortunate though that I caught it when I did and can prevent it from getting worse by staying off of it.

I have recently begun to research my family ancestry on ancestry.com and it's very interesting! I have a two week free trial that ends in a few days and I'm not sure yet if I will continue beyond the free subscription or not because it's pretty costly. My interest in my family ancestry started when I was talking to my sister a while back. Our father has twin sons and a daughter in Germany and we have often talked about how wonderful it would be to find them. They are probably in their early to mid 50's. I have no information about them so it won't be easy! Unfortunately, those who had the details (names, ages, mother's name) have passed away. My Mom also gave birth to a son at the young age of 16 and was forced by her father to give up the baby to Children's Catholic Services in Cincinnati. He did what he felt was right for the baby. My Mom at that age could not provide for a baby. My sister and I have also talked about finding him, too. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment