Friday, May 31, 2013

TGIF

Hello! Happy Friday! :) It's storming terribly here, which is great for all my new flowers! I don't think I will need to water them tomorrow. :)

My area. Hmmmm. It seems to have went the other direction slightly as far as showing improvement. Don't get me wrong, it's not terrible. It's just a little more pink than my last peek. I will look at it tonight and hopefully will see improvement again. Fingers crossed. :)

As far as the reunion Sunday. I think I will need to for go that as I don't want this spot to get horrible. Those who are familiar with pressure sores aka decubitis ulcers know that a pink area can turn in to a stage 4 sore in hours. Here is a link describing them and showing how they progress. Decubitis ulcer

Fifteen years ago I had a stage 4 sore that kept me in bed for two months. The hard part at first was finding the treatment that worked for me. For me it was polymem dressing. It was a foam that was placed over the sore and from what I understand it absorbed the infection and eventually closed it up. So anyway, stay away from those pressure sores. :)

It has dawned on me that my modesty has flown the coop!! I have very little and I can't say I'm disturbed by it. Yesterday my sister put some tea tree oil on my area and I felt a little weirded out at first, but she reminded me she used to be my nursing assistant. Before my injury 21 years ago I would have never talked about 75% of the stuff I talk about now. LOL

2 comments: