Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy Memorial Day!!

Happy Memorial day!! I hope you get to enjoy your day with family today!  Mot importantly, thank you to the past, present and future armed forces!! Many aren't able to be with family today because they are deployed out of state or overseas, but a big thank you for your sacrifice!! You are appreciated everyday not just today!

I'm in bed and afraid I might be here longer than anticipated!! This area is not improving and today I have a small bruise above the red area!! Fu#$ity Fu#$ Fu#$! It's maddening!

On Sunday June 2nd I'm hoping to attend a reunion for the Mercy St. Johns employees and residents. This is the nursing home I lived in for 10 years after my accident, but they have since closed their doors. (a year ago). As much as I don't recommend a nursing home for a place to reside, I have to say some of the people there became my family! I met a couple girls there that are still my greatest friends. Thanks to social networking, I get to keep in touch with many who took care of me. :) St. John's catered to young residents so I wasn't the only young one who lived there. There was a large group of us who were under 30. I inherited the nickname Princess from another young resident and my friend Pat got the nickname Queen. :) These were not compliments, lol. It was nice to have a group of younger residents there, but it also brought a little drama to the center and some animosity. Unfortunately, they have all passed away, many too soon.
Anyway, I hope to make the reunion Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment