Thursday, May 13, 2010

Chair IS fixed

I failed to mention in my last post that my wheelchair did get fixed Tuesday!!! It ended up being a wire problem and if it happens again, they will replace it with a new one. So, I'm happy to have my "get up and go" working again! :) Thank you to those who asked about it!

My friend Leslie called me today very upset. She made the heart wrenching decision to have her 16 year old doggy put to sleep. She is going to the vet this evening at 7:30 to have it done, but she is hoping that CiCi (doggy's name) will go on her own at home before then. I can't imagine my life without my babies because my god they bring me so much happiness and they always make me smile, but when I think about the time when I may have to make the same decision Leslie made, it makes me sad! I don't dwell on that day because that is a very long time down the road (at least I think it is) but its still sad to think about.

As I have mentioned I have a couple new nursing assistants and it seems to be working out well. I have been training a new girl this week and I have to admit, its exhausting!! Its hard to teach someone how to do my routine, show her where everything is, explain how to make coffee, explain the remote controls, explain the hoyer lift, explain which buttons to push on my wheelchair to operate this and that when I cannot freaking point!!! I have a feeling in my sleep I will be saying... up, up, up, okay, now left, not your left, my left, okay good, now my right, no not that right, my other right.....

No comments:

Post a Comment