Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Happy hump day!!

Hello! Today is absolutely beautiful outside! My area is 95% back to normal but I still need to be careful with my time in my wheelchair. I listen to my body's signals. After being up for an hour today I began to feel a bit tired and light headed. This meant my blood pressure was getting low and I needed to elevate. My hour up was spent outside on the back deck getting my hair shampooed. It felt nice feeling the warm sun on my face! The furbabies were outside with us also enjoying the sun. :)

I watched Monday night's Push Girls this morning. I have always had mixed feelings about this show. It annoys me that on every episode that at least one of the four talk about able bodies stereotyping people in wheelchairs. For instance they say, people think that people in wheelchairs can't do this or that. Then she/they do exactly what the able bodies said she/they couldn't do and then its like "woohoo I showed those stupid able bodies that I could do it!! Woohoo for me" I know I'm being a little dramatic, but it's honestly like nails on a chalkboard! They're stereotyping able bodies at the same time they are being stereotyped.

There are parts of the show that I do like so I'm not going to stop watching it altogether. Not now anyway. :) My favorite push girl is Angela, who is actually a quadriplegic. She is the most down to earth it seems. She lives with her Aunt Judy and that is who has taken care of her for the past year and half. She is going through a divorce from her husband, Dustin Nguyen, who is an actor.  I like Auti, too. She is married and they started counseling on this episode. He first told her there is no way he was talking to a counselor. He said he saw one for years and they just fill your head with things you didn't say. The next scene was them going to the appointment! :) LOL! Awhile back she told her husband that she got drunk and had an affair on him. Out of anger and hurt, he ended up pushing her over in her wheelchair. Now they both have that monkey on their back and can't forget about the past, which brings me to this....

I never understand when someone is married or in a relationship and has a lapse in judgment or doesn't use discretion for whatever reason, why don't they just try to forget about it and let it go? I guess I don't understand coming clean and perhaps causing hurt that could be avoided? Don't get me wrong I don't make a habit of making bad choices, but I guess the way I have dealt with those moments isn't the right or wrong way??

No comments:

Post a Comment