Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Humane Society

Hi! Today was a beautiful day! It was sunny and hot, my kind of weather!! :) I went to the Humane Society of Greater Dayton for a 30 minute basic training session, the first of three. The next session is dog training and the last is cat training.

When we went in to the cat room 20+ cats swarmed around my wheelchair. Some were skittish and used great caution, but others went under my wheelchair and one in particular was at my feet pedals being nosy. :) Her name is Molly and she is 4 years old and a beautiful calicoat! I have had my eye on her for weeks. I visit the website often and admire her and a number of other long hair cats. :) Meet Molly by clicking on the Molly link. Molly

We then went in to the dog kennel area. There were two big dogs who saw my wheelchair and ran out their doggy door to get outside. LOL. At one point I went outside and one of the same dogs was outside, saw me, darted inside, peaked outside the doggy door and that was the last of him :) LOL

I think I will really enjoy volunteering and being around animals. I know it's not all warm and fuzzy, though. Today a lady tried to drop off a box of preemie kittens, but was told there was no room. She then attempted to leave without the box of kittens, but was warned her license plate number would be reported. :(

Take a look at some animals in the shelter. Humane Society of Greater Dayton

No comments:

Post a Comment