Friday, August 30, 2013

TGIF, Salute the Troops, pictures

Hello! Happy Friday! I hope everybody has a great Labor Day weekend! :) I'm not exactly sure what our weekend holds. We will probably have a cook out with the family and maybe a bonfire, but nothing written in stone. :)  Steve's parents have been busy laying stone in the back yard and adding some flowers and small spruce trees. The dog houses are getting painted and topped with roofing shingles, too.

A few weeks ago I submitted a story about my niece to HLN Robin Meade's Salute the Troops. I did a voice recording early this week and today it was on the air. Tia heard it and was excited. :) If you have a soldier you want to salute, it's easy. Google Robin Meade's Support the Troops and you will get the details.

I have uploaded some pictures to share with you.

Here is a picture of a praying mantis that was in one of the trees in front of our house. My nursing assistant got really close as you can see.

 
The pictures below were taken on Wednesday at my Mom's cousin's husband's house. He and his daughter have beautiful landscaping and tons of flowers around the house. 
 
They also have a beautiful koi pond with a bridge and lots of greenery.


This is a large barn set back behind the house. The last time I was here, his granddaughter got married and the reception was in the barn. Behind the barn on the left sits a large pond, with a deck and ladder.

Below is a large green house. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment