Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Fair, documentary Fall to Grace, attractions that some find offensivePart 1

It's a beautiful weekend in Ohio! Friday night I went to the Darke County Fair with my boyfriend. We met our friend Maria there and her nurse, who is also my nurse. :) We had a good time, just didn't stay very long. I am hoping to go to the fair again this week because there is much of it I didn't get to see yesterday. I want to see all the farm animals and I can't forget to buy sugar waffles this time. :)

This morning I watched a documentary called Fall to Grace. This was an excellent story and I highly recommend it. It was a story about Jim McGreevey, the Ex Governor of New Jersey who came out and admitted to being gay on national television. At the time he was married to his second wife, Dina Matos and they have since divorced. (No surprise there!) :)

McGreevey has been married twice and has a daughter from each marriage. He now lives with his partner Mark O'Donnell and has changed occupations. He is a spiritual advisor and advocates for women in prison.

He said that coming out was the best decision he ever made.  He can now be himself and not pretend to be someone he isn't. It makes me think about those individuals who have attractions to not only persons of the same sex, but have attractions to someone with a disability or someone of a different race, etc. They  feel like they have to hide their attraction because others might view it as sick or twisted. It's really sad!

I will pick this up another day.





No comments:

Post a Comment