Saturday, August 3, 2013

Alexandra, family & hodge podge! :)

Hello! Alexandra has been here 5 nights and I fear she isn't happy. I know things take time and the adjustment period takes time, but thinking that she is unhappy makes me sad! Last night she laid in bed with me for awhile, but felt the urge to sit in the window instead :) She was awake and moving around much of the night. Today she has been skittish of the dogs and the doors opening and shutting. She runs to find a safer place under the bed where she cannot be reached. Lady though goes under the bed just fine and the two of them had some sort of dialogue going on this morning. Yikes! HeHe

Family is here. :) Bridget, Jean and I went in the bedroom so they could meet Alexandra. Bridget gave Alexandra lots of attention by brushing her from head to tail and giving her lots of love. :) The kids have grown so much. They are so respectful and kind, it's amazing! :) Two of the girls sense the grief I get from their Uncle and give it right back to him. I told them I want them to come live here! :)

I need a job!! I have started to stray away from work at home jobs and began looking at customer service and call center positions in the newspaper. As much as a working from home position would be more ideal for my situation, I need to explore more opportunities.

I have often chewed on ideas for starting my own business. I haven't found that perfect idea though that makes me feel like I HAVE TO DO THIS! I know my passion is animals! I have thought that starting a doggy daycare would be ultra exciting. Also, opening a no-kill shelter, or a rescue. Those ideas seem so much bigger than me...I don't have the money, the space...On a much smaller scale I have thought about making home made natural dog treats and selling them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment