Saturday, August 24, 2013

Volunteer, job hunt

Today was a perfect day weather-wise and tomorrow is suppose to be the same. :) This is a pleasant way to end the last full month of summer. :)

Yesterday Steve and I went to the Humane Society. We needed to fill out some paperwork, get "in the system" and get our pictures taken before we can begin to volunteer. It took a couple months to get from beginning to end, but I'm looking forward to finally working with the animals. :) I think he is also looking forward to it, but hasn't actually said so. (He is a man of few words). He grumbled some when I elected him to be the person I volunteer with, but he got through it. Him and I have very little in common, but our biggest commonality is we are both big animal lovers!! Meow! :)

Steve was hired on as a nurse for another client last week. He now works as a nurse two nights a week from 9pm-9am. This will shift around my nursing assistant schedule a bit, but that's okay. This will not only be good for financial reasons, but also to give him more experience as a nurse and hopefully open more avenues for him.

I am still on a job hunt. I mentioned in a previous post about applying for another position with NTI. I haven't gotten a follow up call and it crossed my mind this weekend that leaving a not so pleasant  message on their facebook page could have worked against me!! :( Sometimes I am not the brightest crayon in the box and that would be a prime example!! Ugh!!


No comments:

Post a Comment