Saturday, August 31, 2013

Mumford & Sons, Wright Pat Air Force Base

Hi! Happy Saturday! :) Tonight Mumford and Sons are playing right across town and I'm green with envy! I want to be there so bad and a tad bit salty that I am not. I wonder why they chose a wee tiny town like Troy, Ohio to play??? I think they must have attached a map on the wall, blindfolded someone, put a dart in their hand, spun them around and walah, the person hit Troy. No??? :) Anyway...I will wait, I will wait for you. Hehe!

Steve took his papa bear to Wright Patterson Air Force Base today. I wasn't invited, but that's ok, I didn't want to go anyway! I have been many many times. I used to go with the residents at the nursing home as this was a yearly activity outing. I wish I could say I enjoyed myself, but honestly my mind was focused on the hundreds of stares that my fellow roomies and I captured. The wheelchairs, ventilators, oxygen tanks, moans, grunts and urine bags were like eye candy to the buses and buses of little people gathering around at their teacher's direction. I think us crippled folks were way more interesting than any of the airplanes. I wasn't amused! I remember one little girl in particular. She was so engulfed in me and my apparatuses, she failed to realize her 50 pound body was blocking the whole isle, not allowing anybody to go by her. As I was glaring at this rude little creature my dad was attempting to tell her we needed to get by her. Needless to say he was more tolerant than myself, but he also understood my frustration.

The next year my brother got the ok to take a day off school and went with me. I had not been evaluated for an electric wheelchair; therefore, he pushed me in my manual wheelchair. He pushed me really fast in the wide open area and under the planes, which was a tad bit scary for me. He enjoyed seeing my fear and laughed at me. :) I had more fun this time around because my injury was not as raw as the first time around and it was good to spend the day with my brother. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment