Friday, July 12, 2013

A couple things

Hello! :) Steve's dad arrived Wednesday. A trip that takes 4 hours on a good day, took him 8 hours Wednesday. Two hours in to the trip he needed to turn around because of flooding. He found an alternate route and came that way, but was delayed due to floods, slow traffic and debris. He made it though and we're happy he is here. :)

As I mentioned I interviewed for a position last Wednesday and got the job. The company I got the job through is a company that hires persons with disabilities who work with Rehab Services Commission. This company wants requires me to assign my ticket to work to them before I can move forward. Right now my ticket to work is assigned to rehab service commission and in order to reassign it, I need to tell my case manager, who has not returned my calls or responded to my email. So, now I'm in limbo and afraid the training class will get full. In the mean time I am going to re-educate myself on ticket to work because I did not retain the information first time around.

When I called Maximus (Ticket to Work) they were proactive and wanted to send me information about the ticket to work, how much money I can make being on SSDI and how I can make more if I have employee related work expenses as write offs. I thought that was nice and a little out of the ordinary. :)

I finally got an email today regarding the receptionist job. There has been a delay so the second round assessments will be the beginning of August.

No comments:

Post a Comment