Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Cat training! Little people!

Yesterday was cat training at the Humane Society. This was our final training so now we get our names put in the system and can finally volunteer. Woot!!

The cats yesterday were so much fun! They will be fun to work with because they have so much personality and a couple in particular were a little mischievous, which is even more fun in my opinion. :) A cat named chance was sticking his arm out of his cage batting his paw at the trainer's pen. It was hard to not get distracted by his cuteness and energy!! He has been there awhile and I'm really surprised.

Little people!! When I say little people, I'm referring to children. Little children who are innocent and have absolutely no filter. :) So, I'm at the humane society yesterday. I'm sitting in my wheelchair (surprise!) in the busy waiting room, trying to find a spot where I won't be in anybody's way. I look to my right and spot the spot! I know it's a good spot because it's empty and I am blocking no paths. So, I place my chin on the control and begin to maneuver to my spot where I will remain until training begins. While manipulating myself, I hear a Mom explaining to the little girl in her arms, that it's a wheelchair and that is how I get around. I looked over and smiled. It was then that I heard her other little munchkin say in a disgusted angry voice, "That is not cool" as he raised his arm straight out and pointed his little finger directly at me!! I looked over and he had this angry scowl look on his face like me and my wheelchair repulsed him!! LOL! I said in a friendly voice with a smile, "No? You don't think this is cool" as he backed up behind his Mom and peaked out around her leg... :)

I have had 3 instances now where I have had encounters similar to this one. All 3 were similar in the fact that their (the kids) demeanor was so hostile and angry! What is up with that??

No comments:

Post a Comment